5.10.10

CATS ON TUESDAY


CATS ON TUESDAY

This week I was very worried about Arthur. He wasn't feeling well. He was laying around and each time he ate something he threw it up a little later. First I thought it was a coincidence, but when he vomited over the whole table and the floor in the living room. Mr. G. took him to the vet. The whole way he was singing loud his operas in the car and Mr. G. was near a nervous breakdown when they arrived.

She (the vet) couldn't find anything abnormal so she gave him two shots and a prescription for special food. Hill's of course ! All people owned by cats know that ! It makes a deep hole in your wallet.

Arthur who had never wanted to eat dry food and had never tried it either, he suddenly got his appetite back and he started to eat the little pieces.



First he didn't manage it and they fell out of his mouth ! Then he messed around but finally he found the technique and he eats normally and with pleasure again. Now of course he never askes for anything else and as I have put his food besides my bed to control that he is eating well, he has found the way to his bowl immediately and loves to eat especially during the night when I sleep, and then wake up because of the crick, crack, crick noise !



He has lost a few kgs which was good in one way, now he is recuperating on the radiator and warms his belly !



This week I had washed the curtains of the living room and Rosie was delighted that I had built up such a romantic tent for her ! Immediately she brought a red mousie in to share it with her.





I discovered a new setting on my camera (after 3 years already !). It takes pictures of things moving quickly. I tried it out when Rosie took care of her beauty and washed herself with eagerness ! I had never realized that she has such a long tongue ! The first picture is still a little blur, but it also was the first trial.



It continues to rain everyday and Kim has decided to squat this chair and watch TV with us.



Pookie since she has chosen to be Mr. G.'s secretary continues to help him everyday, by walking over the keyboard or sleeping on the mouse.


18 comments:

Ellen Whyte said...

Poor Arthur - and poor you! Hope this Hills thing is for a limited time only.

Arthur does look like a big boy lying there on his shelf. And Kim is looking fantastic!

Sparkle said...

I hope Arthur continues to hold down his food and feel better, and that whatever was going on with him was just some temporary bug.

Boom Nisanart said...

Puddy is the same as Arthur. Cat who love meat and he have to put up with dried food too. But he is lucky a little bit. His doctor told him to skip wet food in the morning but he can have it at the end of the day.

LOL for Rosie, sleep on Athur's bum. Is that give you a good dream ? : )

Linens and Royals said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick Arthur but I think really really expensive cat food will maker you all better.

The Chair Speaks said...

Poor Mr G getting near nervous breakdown because of Arthur. Glad Arthur is much better now and he look so huggable sleeping on the radiator.
I, too, am discovering new things after owning stuff a few years. LOL!

Whisppy said...

So happy to hear Arthur is feeling better with the expensive kibbles! Rosie, Kim and Pookie are also looking good! :)

Ginger said...

I did not realize Hill's was worldwide. I hope mine never need that. I am glad he is feeling better. And, yes, Rosie has a very large tongue indeed.

We love Luna said...

Bonjour dear friends,
Glad that ARthur is now better, poor little friend!I hope he likes the new food and keep eating.He is so adorable sleeping near the radiator with those decorative cats! ;)
And wow I could not imagine the size of a tongue like that!!! Cool shot!
Happy Tuesday to all
purrs
Luna

Cindy said...

Poor Arthur! I hope he stays well. He must be so warm on the radiator. Look at that tongue!!! I never would have guessed that was a tongue.
How sweet Pookie helps out.

Dianne said...

I'm glad Arthur is feeling better. I have always used Hills but when Isadora came to join us she refused to eat it so we slowly switched to something they both like. It took forever to find something they both agreed on, if only they could talk.

I love how Rosie created a new spot for herself and her red mouse :)

I have been meaning to join in for so long now, today I finally did!!
thanks

catsynth said...

Poor Arthur! We hope he feels better soon.

I also like the picture of Pookie on the desk. Luna likes to sit in the office and help out (even right now).

Luna und Luzie said...

Sorry to hear that Arthur was ill. Hope he feels better now.
Luna loves to play my secretary too like Pookie. Sometimes I am really nerved by her when she lays on my desk.

*Happy Tuesday*

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

I'm glad Arthur's eating again.

Your pictures are great today. I love the open mouth one. What a very long tongue!!! I think cats love to curl up and sleep on rainy days.
HAPPY TUESDAY
Iris

Splendid Little Stars said...

glad Arthur is doing better! The warm radiator looks quite comfy. Of course you made a tent just for Rosie! How good of her to share it! Kim looks quite comfortable. And Pookie has chosen such a perfect spot!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Poor Arthur! I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well. I hope you are all better now! I am on Hills too for tummy problems and it helps. I take the WD stinky stuff too. We'll purr you stay all better from now on.

Great photos of Rosie great! I am still learning about mommy's camera too. She has had hers 4 years!

meowmeowmans said...

We are glad that Arthur is feeling better (even though it is at the expense of your pocketbook). That camera setting is great ... Rosie's tongue is very long!

A Dagenham Girl said...

they are gorgeous, Judith

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I love this update. Arthur is getting special treatment and yummy food. This makes me happy
Miles and I like Arthur and follow his manly adventures.
I see Rosie and Pookie are content.
Happy week-end and bonks of course bonks!