13.8.06

IT'S COLD AND IT RAINS - POOR CATS

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It rains !



My poor cats are unhappy. It rains and not a little rain, but cats and dogs.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As Pookie doesn't like other cats except her family, she won't go out. Dogs either, except Yanouk the neighbour's dog. So what she does ? Having breakfast first. Then looking after flies and other little insects. She prefers that to mice or birds. She likes tiny little things. When it was warm she offered me a grasshopper, which suddenly sat on my keyboard. Not for long as Pookie tried to jump on there too and I had to protect my computer. After that, she catched it and ... ate it ! Disgusting. She does the same with flies. As if there were not enough food ! Now she is exhausted and sleeps on my bed.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Lisa, old ladylike, would just put her head out and retire immediately. She hates all what is wet. Rain included. So she settles down on a bed of her choice and sleeps. From time to time when somebody is in the kitchen, she runs over there, pretends to be hungry, sniffles at the bowl and with a bored look returns to her choosen place and continues her nap. That's her only occupation during the day. Food and Sleep.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have to add that none of our cat's have a special place to sleep. They sleep everywhere.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Why not ?




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting






Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Kim, she loves rain. She even settles down in the wet grass just in front of the garden house and takes her nap there. When she comes back just to feed herself I have to take a towel and dry her. At least I try, because when she sees me coming with the towel in my hand she runs back in the rain. She doesn't like towles. She is afraid of as she is afraid of everything else. Dogs, humans, books, towles, even movements. She only likes cats and now since a few month also the brush. As she has so long hairs, it is absolutely necessary to brush her, otherwise she gets knots and we have to take her to the vet to get her shaved. And then she looks like if the mots had been in her furr. So there is nothing to do she remains wet and dries herself.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Arthur too likes the rain he jumps and plays in there and is completely happy. When he comes back he immediately climbes on the table and asks to be dried. He loves it and even when he is dry he still wants to be dried. After that, he would clean himself probably convinced that the towel was dirty. After having washed himself from top to bottom he also chooses a place and falls asleep happily.




So by now, all my cats are laying around on something. The house looks like a huge dormitory everywhere a cat lays around. In some way it's cosy, when you look outside its grey and cold and you can hear the rain on the roof and inside you see four little furr balls and you don't know where heads and paws are. The only thing you can see is their tail around the little balls.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And this is a month of August in Belgium ! (59°F or 15°C) We had to put the heating
on.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My husband and I

3 comments:

Daisy Sunshine said...

Jeeeze, that is exactly how I feel. It is just me and I sleep with 3 cats and a dog. Being cold is never a problem with me.

The Mother of Badness, Scrappy, Tucker and Daisy.

Sigruns German Garden said...

Smoling is not good for cats!

Sigrun :-)

Jana said...

I so enjoyed your blog Gateena, my 4 cats share their home with me and my boyfriend. Buddy, Shadow, Sassy and Benjamin. Thank you for sharing stories of your first cat, made me sad yet happy to remember Kitty, my first real love affair with a cat. She chose me and there was no way around that. She moved in, and took over. I smile to remember how she would react to people - either like or not, and she was always right too. We all should listen more to our cats. Soon I will add pictures of my cat babies to my blog and you will be welcome to see them there. Till then I hope you will visit sometime and have a chat to "Hang Up The Phone". Thank you!!