3.1.21

CAT SELFIES - WEEK JANUARY 2

 

 My last year selfie ! Happy New Year 

I love cartons !

No time for Selfie, I read my Kindle




 

 

**********

WEEK 

I got used to the Christmas balls and angels but they all were too big to play with and not interesting at all ! Not even a mousie was hanging around somewhere. She had told me that she can't find green mousies anymore, the only once I play with, because I don't like the red once. To comfort me she served me a cup of tea in her bed, but tea is also not my cup of tea ! 

 
I continued my sleeping marathon moving from armchair to bed, chairs and my tower to watch the birdies, but there are only the big once which I don't like either.

Then came a day which they call New Year's Eve and where friends are invited and make noise, music and games ! In the other house I hated this evening and hid in her room and didn't greet them at all. 

This year was different. First only 4 girls showed up and three of them I like very much the fourth I was not so sure. Anyway it was fun, because I could participate and had a lot of laps to rest for a minute and of course a lot of cuddles.

 
Here I am with the butler

and here with her 

At 9 pm she got up followed by the others, they raised their glasses and wished a "Happy New Year" whatever that means. I heard them talking about a curfew at 10 pm and everybody had to be at home. Therefore they faked that 9 pm was midnight ! Humans are crazy.

During my 13 years as inside/outside cat I never had curfew ! I went in and out like I wished ! There are humans who invent too much rules and they have to live like in prison then. For one thing I was thankful ! They didn't make this awful noise which hurt my ears and which makes me run away and hide, that was what they call a firework ! It was not allowed apparently. Good for me, they were a bit sad because from my new balcony in the middle of the town they would have had a wonderful view !

One girl who was there I didn't like ! First she took my armchair without asking me and when I sniffed at her she didn't smell very good. Now I have this smell in my chair and I refuse to sit in it anymore. She had shaken out the blanket  and turned it over, but the scent just stayed in. Now I sleep in the Rocking chair when they are in the living room, in this chair one of my favorite girls has sat and it smelled good. Usually when she comes she always sits in my chair but I don't mind. Now I will ask her to ask Myriam to come over and sit a while in my armchair to take out the awful smell of this other girl.

I had to move from the armchair to the Rocking chair ! I am not content ! 

And so the New Year starts also for me, because I had to change my sleeping place ! Otherwise I wouldn't have realized that it is another year !


14 comments:

The J-Cats said...

Wow, you look so smart in your red beret!
And whatever were you reading on your Kindle?

Timmy Tomcat said...

Our humans complicate life so awfully but they are nice and love us a lot. I think your chair will air in a couple of days and be as good as new.

ZOOLATRY said...

Oh dear me! It sounds as though the "ringing in of the New Year" did not go too well in your household. Well, our advice is to simply put the old away now, and welcome the new! The new for all of us -- kitties included -- must and will be better! Put your paws together and
believe that, then go find and treat, and take a nap in whatever chair you choose!

meowmeowmans said...

It sounds like New Year's Eve was fun for your humans, but not so much for you, Rosie. We hope your chair smells better again sometime soon.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Such sweet photos and I'm glad that maybe your normal routine has returned!

Marvelous Marv said...

Thanks for telling us about your New Years! Ours was the same as every other night...we laid on the sofa with our Mom. We had no fireworks, but peoples were banging pots at the midnight!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Our new Year's affair was quiet like yours, Rosie....and though the peeps did stay up till midnight, they did not have to leave for other parts...we are just family here, no visitors/intruders.

Sorry your fave armchair was 'contaminated'.

Loved your selfies!

Catscue said...

You look spiffy in your red hat Rosie, and I just love your tea set! I'm glad your peeps got to spend some time with friends. Happy New Year!

pilch92 said...

Great selfies. Wishing you all a happy and healthy new year!

Summer said...

How fun that you could have a gathering for New Year's Eve. Here, we couldn't have one because Covid is so bad! I can't wait for this to be over, and my human agrees.

Dash Kitten Crew said...

I love your beret and I hope your chair smella OK again soon!!

Tamago said...

Life is hard when you have to pretend it’s midnight at 9 pm, haha. But no fireworks is a good thing for sure!

Furries said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your quiet New Year's celebration. Too bad about no more green mouse.

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Oh, Rosie, I so understand that kind of different smell on the armchair, as I have it on the couch whick the introoders left. It took all week to make it my own again😸Pawkisses for a Happy New Year to all of you. Let's make it a better one!🐾😽✨💞