10.5.11

CATS ON TUESDAY


CATS ON TUESDAY


Since Mr. G. is on holidays, a territory war broke out between Pookie and Rosie. Pookie since her arrival in our house had always been my "personal" cat and had moved out of my bed into the bed of Mr. G. when we brought in Rosie. Since Rosie was a baby she had slept besides me, and Pookie apparently didn't bother. But now that Mr.G's bed is empty she wants to sleep also in my bed. The one who takes the place first remains and hisses away the other.



This night Pookie slept besides my bed, as Rosie squatted on it. Sometimes they both sleep on my bed peacefully, as long as it is dark, and they don't see each other. Who pretends that cats can see in darkness ? Mine are an exception then. As soon as I switch on the light and they realize that they are both laying on my bed, the hissing starts again and one leaves. There is no winner. What should I do, besides telling them to stop it. They don't listen anyway.



Rosie can be vicious ! she hides under the table and when Pookie walks by she gives her a slap with her paw !



As the weather is so summerly warm, she meditates about future attacks on Pookie in the garden.



Arthur eats his cat food and is not at all interested in what I am eating, because there is no Mortadella. He is mostly outside and sleeps somewhere in the bushes or in some neighbor's bed. He is not complicated.



or he sits besides Kim.



Kim as usual doesn't bother about changements in the household. She leads her usual life outside and comes in for food.




20 comments:

Whisppy said...

Hahaha. Women! Even in the animal world.
I like the way Kim is slanted away from Arthur in the picture as if he smells or something. So cute!

We love LUNA said...

Oh dear Rosie, you could share mommy's bed with Pookie, just for some days, please!I imagine she is missing Mr. G. a lot, and you could also play with her in this beautiful garden!
Arthur is always cool, so easygoing. I think it's the secret, not be stressed so much about things in our day by day.
And for sure, don't forget the wonderful naps! :)
purrs and love
Luna

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when you take a picture of Kim, we just see a mysterious cloud shape with two eyes. She is very mysterious!

Barbara said...

Cats! They really drive you insane sometimes but what would we do without them?

Al said...

Sleeping arrangements is always an issue with pets LOL! I have to get them to sleep in their own cots because they keep on fighting before going to bed! Good for Arthur not really complicated and he looks really cool. I enjoyed reading Rosie's and Pookie's bedtime stories.

Mr Puddy said...

Interesting ! I think Rosie adopted you for real, Gattina : ) And she stand on her ground to remain you are belong to her not Pookie ( Sorry Pookie, Mr. M wasn't there, You can't just come and adopted Gattina again ) and I think Arthur and Kim knew well about it and They are smart enough not to dare with Rosie !...She sound like a queen of the house for me : )
xoxo

Unknown said...

We have a similar situation at our house. Katy has been with me for years and then Mimi came along...most of the time one will sleep near my head and the other near my feet but sometimes the claws come out lol!

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Oh yes, there is always territorial problems between Marshmellow and Peanut. Especially over wanting to petted the most or who gets to be brushed first. They sleep in their room at night so no problems there.

I loved all the pictures today.

meowmeowmans said...

Good thing Mr. G is only away for 10 days! I'm sure Arthur is counting down the days until he can have mortadella again. And Pookie and Rosie, too ... they are no doubt looking forward to when the sleeping situation goes back to "normal." :)

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We are the same! Milo was first in our home so he hogged mom's bed. Then when I arrived 6 months later @ Milo was all territorial abowt it. I sneak on then when Milo is asleep tho! Tee hee!
Love Alfie xx

The Chair Speaks said...

Arthur is a real cool guy, isn't he?
Perhaps you could sleep in the middle of those 2 girls! :)

Didn't want to link my post here as my post isn't a happy post.

catsynth said...

The outside pictures look very nice, with fresh air and warmth.
I had to do a double-take on the picture with Kim and Arthur - wasn't sure if it was "real Arthur" or "fake Arthur" for a moment :)

Katnip Lounge said...

Sleping spots are a hotly debated subject at our house, as well. And with 13 Cats, there's just not much room!

Photo Cache said...

lovely catching up on the kitty adventures.

Carla said...

Silly kitties!! "As the weather is so summerly warm, she meditates about future attacks on Pookie in the garden." This is too funny, I had a white kitty that 'meditated' all day on future attacks on EVERY one. Now I just have two adults that have to keep reminding the 'teenager' they don't want to play 24/7:).

Luna und Luzie said...

I´m glad to read that Arhtur is normal as usual.
Hope the girls can get back to normal if Mr. Gattino is back at home !
I see the different between cats and tomcats every day. The girls are allways hissing but the boys not!
Zickenkrieg bei euch zu Hause, würde ich sagen ;o)

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

You shouldn´t fight girls !!!
We have summerweather in Sweden too so I have been out for a long time this afternoon :)

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Oh dear I think there will be no peace until Mr G comes home and all will be back to normal. Hope all is soon harmony.. HUgs GJ x

Chris said...

Every cat is unique and they are such complex creatures aren't they. You certainly have a houseful! We have 2 and they have their skirmishes every so often over territory or some other complaint but they always make up and usually live in harmony. Have a great Thursday and thanks for visiting our blog.

Amy & the house of cats said...

We understand about changes and shifts causing some problems - they happen at our house when our dad is on trips. And we do sometimes just smack each other for no reason even when he is home! We love all the pictures - they are such cuties!