30.6.19

CAT SELFIES AND CAT NEWS JUNE 29



Hurry up ! I smell chicken !




Nooooo leave me alone ! It's too hot for selfies !




CAT NEWS JUNE 30


It's hot ! unusually hot, sometimes over 34° (100 something F) We, Mr. G, and I are melting, the cats not so much they love heat apparently. Especially Arthur who lays in the sunshine in this high temperatures.





His ears got a sunburn, I wanted to put sun lotion on them, but there is nothing to do, even when I leave the tube in the kitchen and put the creme on my finger behind my back, he smells it or knows already what I want to do and then runs away !! The same with his eyes which I should clean each day with a special lotion, sometimes I can do it when he sleeps on my lap, but now when it is so warm he doesn't sleep on my lap anymore he sleeps outside somewhere.



It's really terrible, and the vet can't do anything. Arthur is too old for an anaesthesia.



He loves to lay on the warm bark in the sunshine



In the last month he has become old. He is now a bit bony and becomes skinny although he eats like a horse. He can't jump as high as he used to do and also his hearing becomes bad.

Fortunately he hasn't changed his lifestyle, only he slowed a bit down. He always greets people who ring at our door and sits with us when we have guests. He still loves company.

I hope it will last for another 2 years and he reaches the 20th birthday too.



Rosie is now the young girl in this household, she prefers to stay in the shade and not in the sun, she is less social then Arthur and hides when somebody comes. She only shows up after a while when she knows the persons.

Unfortunately for ol' Arthur, she still wants to play with him, especially since Kim is gone and chases him around.

For years she had the same collar and today I saw her without. Must have lost it. Fortunately I have a spare one always available, I just have to put our telephone nr on it.


Now in this heat she wanders from one shady place to another and is not very hungry, but honestly I am not hungry either !



11 comments:

Photo Cache said...

I'm sure the terrible heat wave that's sweeping Europe (we heard) is not good news for you kitties. Stay cool okay?

Emma and Buster

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Yes, we have had some heat too, but not prolonged—just one days worth and back down again. I sure do know what you mean about not wanting anything to eat, well at least during the day. I go out hunting at night and make up for the abstinence of early with a binge eat, MOL
Here's hoping you all get milder and more fun weather very soon.
Purrs
ERin

The Chair Speaks said...

Oh, that is our normal temperature in our country!
Arthur is such a nice chap! Purrs and hugs to all of you!

Summer said...

I hope it cools off for you guys soon! Arthur is the same age as Boodie, and she is totally hanging in there.

Deb said...

I love that Arthur fella.

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, it is so hot there. We hope things cool down for you soon!

Arthur is almost as old as our Gracie, who is doing pretty well, too.

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Try to stay cool everyone! My Scooter lived to age 22, so you may have more time with sweet Arthur than you think. Best to all and thanks for the wonderful photos.

pilch92 said...

Cute selfies. Keep cool everyone.

Tamago said...

Kitties sure know what is gonna happen when we try to give them medicine, nail trimming, etc!
I hope you all stay cool! Happy July!

Dash Kitten Crew said...

I am a sun person, and my cats are like you and Mr G MOL!!!

Please take care during this heat.

Valentine said...

Mom suggests putting a tiny bit of George's Aloe Gel on Arthur's ears to soothe his sunburn. It comes in a small bottle. It is good for itchy ears, too, like mine. Mom uses it on me on occasion. Purr purr purr.