28.9.07

A TENT FOR KIM

click on X to make the picture bigger

Kim is a rather strange cat. She seldom wanted to sleep inside, but did it sometimes. But since beginning of this year she only came in to say hello and fill her stomac. Then she went out again, sleeping under the table on a chair on our covered patio where I finally had put a towel. Sometimes she also used the dog house of our neighbor's dog. But now the summer (which hadn't been one) is gone and the garden furniture put away. Kim didn't change her habits and now sometimes even slept on the wet grass.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
X
I was worried a little about this and as I had seen cat tents on some blogs I tried to buy one here. I couldn't find any.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
X
But yesterday when I bought cat food in my usual pet shop, they had a tent ! and a real good one for outside ! It was only one on exposition, the shop owner wanted first to know if people were interested in it. I was ! I bought it immediately and here it is.

So far I couldn't take a picture of Kim in it, but she must have tried it because I saw that the plaid I had put in had moved a little. Hopefully she will use it !

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
X
Rosie and Arthur don't go outside when the weather is bad. Here they both check : To go or not to go ?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
X
Rosie decided against and did her pedicure on the mat
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
X

before collapsing in her basket for a long nap, until it would stop raining !

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

10 comments:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I am so glad that Kim used your tent just for her. You are so so lovely, Gattina~!!! I bet Kim will love you very much.

Rosie is very lucky cat and know how to enjoy happiness, I think they might be friends some time.

Yes, I know you paint cat, I often go to your painting blog, because that is a very beautiful blog~!!! Artist who paint cats often let me feel they are the best artist~!! Hehehehe~~~

Have a great weekend.

Karen Jo said...

I am glad that you found a tent for Kim. I wonder why she wouldn't rather be inside when it is cold and wet. I think Rosie and Arthur have a much better idea.

Forty Paws said...

We sure hope that Kim likes her tent and stays in it when it gets cold or rainy!

Luf, Us

MaoMao said...

Awwww, that's great you gotted Kim a tent, and I hope she uses it. She is a purretty kitty and I'd hate fur her to be wet!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

That was a very good idea with the tent!!! I am happy that you finally found one to put up outside.
Perhaps I could try out one one day? I have to ask my humans about that.
Have a lovely week end!!!

Cuidado said...

That's a great idea, Gattina. Some cats love the outdoor life!

Rachelle said...

Wow! I love your header, did you paint that?
It's beautiful, and Arthur looks great :))
Slainte~
Rachelle

Andree said...

that's a wonderful thing you did, Gattina. And you didn't force the cat to do anything she was not ready to do or was uncomfortable doing. I wish there were millions like you.

Puss-in-Boots said...

I think it's lovely that you bought a tent for Kim.

It's obvious the cats are pleased to see you home again.

This is only a short comment, as it's taken me two hours to get this far reading everyone's posts.

Take care.

TorAa said...

Kim reminds us about Peder Pels (Fur). Even though he has a home, he loves to come to our summerhouse o be feeded and have some coz.

Cats know cat people - don't they)