23.9.14

CATS ON TUESDAY




The cat fountain I had ordered for Pookie (and the others of course) had arrived and is in full function. Pookie first was very suspicious about this new thing, and I still don't know if she drinks from it or not, but she doesn't ask anymore to be lifted up to the tap, so I suppose it works. The others must use it too, because I had to refill water.

Pookie still continued her constant meowing and it really became unsupportable. On Wednesday my cleaning lady found a tooth in the kitchen ! It looked really rotted. I was shocked ! That must have been the reason she rubbed her chin everywhere and meowed that much. The vet's consultation was open, I grabbed Pookie put her in the carrier and went to the vet. I had never thought about a bad tooth, as she was always eating like a horse !



We didn't have to wait and when the vet opened her mouth, there was a big wound and a hole in her gum, she must have worked on that tooth the whole night to pull it out. She got an antibiotic and painkiller shot, was checked from top to bottom and the good news were she is in a very good shape for her age. I was so full of regrets and had  a very bad conscience, that I hadn't realized that she was suffering from a tooth and taken her to the vet earlier ! I had her checked in January and 3 teeth had been taken out, so I never thought about tooth ache ! Poor Pookie. Now she still meows in the mornings, but it is bearable. I am reassured that she has nothing and that she is only a morning chatterbox. Usually she stops when Mr. G. gets up and puts the TV on !!



Arthur enjoys the last summer days taking  a sunbath on the kitchen sill and watches me from outside through the window.



Rosie thought it was about time to visit the graveyard from where she observed what was going on, and then slept on the warm pebbles which cover the ground.

All this would never had happened if I hadn't made the experience with Lisa who at the end of her life was also meowing a lot and had nothing and I had been told that it is normal for an old cat. 




9 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

Poor Pookie! Well, at least her mouth got fixed up at last...but thanks for the reminder, I need to get my old gal in to see the vet.

Mascha said...

Arme Pookie! Leider zeigen uns Katzen auch nicht immer ihr Problem direkt: meine verkriecht sich dann drauszen im Gebüsch und dann kann ich nur ahnen: es stimmt wieder mal etwas nicht...

So einen Brunnen möchte ich auch gern kaufen, sobald ich das Geld dafür habe...

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

We kitties may meow a lot but we rarely say exactly what is going on with us! So how were you supposed to know to look in her mouth since she didn't tell you? I'm glad that tooth was out, and Pookie got some treatment for it.

Hannah and Lucy said...

We're glad Pookie is eating well now that the bad tooth has gone.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Poor Pookie :(
Glad to hear that she is in good shape for her health and hope she will not have toothie ake anymoore :)

XOXO

pilch92 said...

I just discovered your blog from the linkies. YOu have very pretty kitties and I am glad Pookie checked out fine at the vet.
http://15andmeowing.com

Marilia said...

Purrring for Pookie!

meowmeowmans said...

Poor Pookie! We are glad she's okay now. Glad she got a good checkup otherwise.

So nice to see Arthur and Rosie, too. :)

Linens and Royals said...

The cat fountain looks good all set up and good that Pookie no longer wants to be lifted up to the tap.
Charlotte meows a lot more now so it must be an old cat thing. I think I will have her teeth checked after Pookie's experience.