13.6.07

ROSIE IS HOME !

I present you Rosie ! As somebody wrote we surely would change the name according to the kitten's character and that was very true, Rosel didn't fit on her so now she is called ROSIE.



Rosie after her arrival hid under my bedside table



Before I picked her up I did some shopping. Kitten foot and little bowls and of course the litter box. I transformed my bread basket into a kitten basket.

When she finally was in her cage in the car, it was horrible ! She has a very loud voice and it's so strange that such a tiny thing can meauw so loud ! I had the honor to listen to the concert during the whole trip, approx 20 km ! Only when I put a finger through the grid she would stop. But sometimes I had to use my two hands for driving !




When we arrived home, she didn't want to come out of her cage ! Nothing to do, so I put some food in front of the cage and that of course attracted her. She ate very well and then



disappeared under my bedside table ! By no means she would get out of there !



Pookie had a look, snarled and went away disgusted. And ever since she became a problem. She didn't want to remain in the same room as little Rosie, didn't sleep with me as she used to do during night and is very jalous. That worries me has anybody an idea what to do ? I try to comfort her and pet her but she is offended and goes away.


All that time little Rosie was still under the bedside table. Finally I could catch her an put her on my bed.


There she walked around a little but wanted to go on the floor again. So I put her on the floor and she immediately went to her litter box and did what was to do. Such a little thing and so clever already. She then discovered my bread basket and settled in.

I left her in my room and prepared supper. But she screemed so loud that we could hear her in the kitchen. So with her basket I put her on the sofa while we were eating and then when Mr. Gattino stretched out to watch TV, he put the basket besides him and she napped happily in there the whole evening.


Just to give you an idea how "big" she is, (6 weeks old)



During the night I had put her in her basket besides my bed because I hoped that Pookie would join. But in the middle of the night Rosie started a concert again and finally I gave up and put her besides me in my bed. She purred (also very loud) and slept peacefully through the whole night.

This was day n° 1 !

19 comments:

Callie Ann said...

Gattina, what fun for you to have a little one again. They are so much fun as they learn. She used the potty box. What a proud mom you shoud be. Pookie will get use to it, but right it's someone that will take your attention. The Answer I have no idea. You saw how my two schnauzers looked at eachother. Looking so forward to more Pookie and Rosie stories.

Karen Jo said...

Rosie is beautiful! I loved her from the first picture. She must have so much love bottled up inside her, as she wanted to be close to you and Mr. Gattino all the time. I hope Pookie will come to accept her. What did Arthur think of her? I can't wait to find out more about her.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Thank you, Gattina! I remember what it's like having a new kitten and I don't think I can handle it again.

She's a dear little cat though and I hope Pookie comes to accept her.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Rosie is adorable! :)

It can take weeks or months for cats to get used to each other. Most experts recommend a gradual introduction. Here are some links you can check out:
http://cats.about.com/cs/catmanagement101/a/introducecats.htm
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pets_introducingcat

Andree said...

Oh wow, she is beautiful. This makes me want to have a kitten again (but no! I have enough of a handful now). You are going to have so much fun! I'm looking forward to next Tuesday with Rosie's adventures.

Karen Jo said...

I am so sorry that Pookie is reacting so badly to Rosie. Maybe it will just take a little time. I am amazed that Arthur is afraid of little Rosie. That seems so unlike him. Is Arthur feeling quite well? Hopefully things will work out soon.

Anonymous said...

Bonjour... je mets un commentaire en français, ce sera plus facile!
J'avoue que j'étais inquiète... On s'attache à ces petites bêtes, ^même si on ne veut pas les garder!
C'est vrai que Rosie était propre à la maison, mangeait très bien toute seule et ronronnait très fort!!! Elle aimait se coucher en boule dans un plaid dans le divan.
Comment se passe le jour n°2? J'espère que ça se passe bien avec vos autres chats, et que Rosie s'habituera vite à votre maison. J'ai l'impression de l'avoir abandonnée... je ne devrais peut-être plus consulter votre blog!
mais elle doit être perturbée, elle a quitté ses 9 compagnons, et ses 2 "mamans". mais apparemment, vous en prenez bien soin, merci pour elle!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this will be like a cat soap show ;-)

I'm already curious of the continue - will Pookie ever accept Rosie? How shall it go? *s*

Melli said...

Gattina... Pookie will adjust. They may never be "best friends" ... that remains to be seen! But she WILL get used to the idea of the little rugrat is here to stay! None of my cats have ever "snuggled up together" ... they each choose their own sleeping places and such... and yet I have a friend who brings new kitties in all the time, and each one is accepted into the circle and they ALL sleep together cuddled up in one big mash of kitty fur! I do HOPE that eventually Pookie does come back to sleep with you - that would be just so sad if she doesn't...

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosie is very tiny! and very cute, we love the colors!
We think all kitties are very sensitive and they like to stop being nice for a while when new things happen.
Just keep doing what you are doing. maybe for a while tell Pookie what a wonderful beautiful kitty she is.

At least Rosie is not combative or hissing She does look very frightened but 6 weeks is so young!

have a happy day with a new baby in the house

Dorothy said...

Give Pookie a few days to a week. It ususally took about three days in my household for things to settle down where both the older cat and newest cat got used to each other. Rosie is a better name. She is so little....so cute.

Paula said...

Oh is Rosie so adorable!
she really does look like a Rosie too with her cute little pink nose.
I just love her bread basket turned kitten basket.

When Wikipedia became a permenate addition to our home, our oldest cat Alex was really not happy about it and rarely went near her and when he did he would always hiss and scold.
But after 3 or 4 months they are the best of pals and will now sleep togeather.
...and Alex has even forgiven us for allowing such a tiny noise maker to be apart of our family.
(but it took him 6 months to forgive us when we brought the dog home 2 1/2 years ago!)

Daisy said...

Awwww! Look at little Rosie! She is so cute.

Anonymous said...

She is so sweet Gattina! I love seeing her in her little basket.

I have always found that adult kitties adjust more easily to kittens than to other adult kitties. It may take a while, but if you give Pookie lots of extra attention she will probably come around and may even "mother" little Rosie.

What does Arthur think?

Anonymous said...

Alors aujourd'hui je serai le deuxième commentaire en français!
Je pense qu'il faudra un peu de temps à pookie pour accepter Rosie; cela est tout à fait normal et il faut la comprendre: sa réaction est logique après tout! Tout nouveau venu doit faire sa place! C'est comme ça sur la planète chat! et chez les humains après tout c'est pas si différent! Quand une maman attend un bébé et puis quand le bébé est là, il a des réactions et on dit toujours pour les humains que c'est mieux si elles s'extériorisent que si tout reste à l'intérieur! A la maîtresse de maison de gérer au mieux!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! a tiny rosie...Bienvenida nueva amiga!
For you my sweet Rosie.

....._.;_'.-._
...{`--..-.'_,}
.{;..\,__...-'/}
.{..'-`.._;..-';
....`'--.._..-'
........,--\\..,-"-.
........`-..\(..'-...\
...............\.;---,/
..........,-""-;\
......../....-'.)..\
........\,---'`...\\

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Oh wow! Such an exciting 1st Day! Rosie is so cute for wanted to be close to you all the time.

Give Pookie some time. She is just upset and jealous about the new kitten (who got all the attention) in the house.

I am looking forward to the 2nd day post! Hehe...

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Aaawwww, Rosie is just gorgeous, so small and sweet. I'm sure the other kitties will adjust eventually. Good luck.
Take care, Meow

MightyCat said...

My mommy once brought home a six week old kitten and I carried on for about two weeks. What she didn't know is that, after about 4 days, I liked the little guy and we would play and sleep together when she was gone. I was just throwing fits to her for drama's sake and to affirm my sleeping place in her bed. After I was caught with the little kitten, I became like a mother to him - but now he is gone, and we have Grumpy Cat, who attacks me all the time. I keep to Mom's bedroom lately and only slink out for food... I am soooo unsettled that I heard mom talking about looking for a new home for Staubie (YAY!). Did you know that I have a German name too? They call me Schwarzekatze...but I am not black...