31.8.19

CAT SELFIES - CAT NEWS AUGUST 31



The shot went off, with all these strings ! I thought everything is wireless now !




You hide a treat under the camera, true ??







*****


We are all happy, summertime continues !



Rosie lays lazy on the warm tiles



or on the grass which also is her salad ! From time to time she tries to catch a fly, but otherwise she is far too lazy to move.



Sometimes there is the noise of rolling drums from far and Arthur hesitates if he should go already inside or wait until the thunderstorm really arrives. Often it's a false alarm.



I was a little worried because he didn't eat or only very little and became so skinny ! I tried out different cans of wet food for seniors over 7 and added a bit of water, to make a kind of soup, that he ate a bit. Then friends told me that their cats didn't eat very much either, probably because of the heat.

Poor Arthur had a bad adventure, he came home, wet !! but so wet that it took a whole day and night to dry his fur ! I rubbed him with a bath towel and strangely he didn't protest. At the same time I was furious I thought somebody had thrown a bucket of water on him.  But who ?? Nobody in our street would ever do that, Arthur is so well loved by everybody. And then one of my neighbors told me that he probably had fallen in a swimming pool, which after Miss Marple like investigations I thought that could be possible, because he was wet everywhere except his head !

Poor little old boy was so shocked that he slept besides me the whole night and I had the impression to sleep besides a sponge. As it was so hot, it didn't disturb me. It was a win win !



We have gotten an invitation from our mayor to celebrate our 50th wedding day in the City hall. Arthur always careful, layed his tail over the invitation so that it couldn't fly away in case of a draft.

13 comments:

catladymac said...

So glad you detected what happened to Arthur and he seems to have recovered. Purrs to Rosie too.

Photo Cache said...

Happy Selfie Day kitties.

Emma and Buster

Summer said...

Poor Arthur! He needs to eat more.

My human is sad that she won't ever celebrate a 50th anniversary because she won't live long enough to have one... it has taken her too long to find the right person. Well, she will take what she can get in anniversaries!

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Aww, poor Arthur! I am glad he dried out. We have had more rain than you, it seems, and less of the heat, but it still has been bad in places. Resting up is the best thing for us cats and humans. Congratulations on your upcoming 50th anniversary! I hope you have a great time at the Town Hall. Will Arthur go too, to try and get food from the guests? ;)
Have a wonderful week....
ERin

Dash Kitten Crew said...

Oh poor sweet button Arthur I hope you are OK now sweet boy. You are thin as our Harvey - he has kidney issues (worth checking with the vet maybe).

meowmeowmans said...

We love your selfies, Rosie and Arthur. Arthur, we are sorry you had that bad adventure. We hope you are okay now. We are also sorry your appetite is not so good these days. Please try to eat, okay? XO

The Chair Speaks said...

Rosie and Arthur know how to enjoy summer! Purrs and hugs!

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Precious Arthur, please feel better soon. Sending purrs and prayers and POTP for you to get your appetite back. A swimming pool, how scary for you!

Tamago said...

Oh my Arthur may have fallen into a pool! That must have been really scary for him. I hope he is feeling better and also hope he eats well xo

pilch92 said...

Great selfies. I am sorry Arthur got so wet.I hope he eats soon. COngrats on 50 years of marriage.

Katie and The Katz said...

Did someone mention string? Rosie did you find any flies? Oh I sure hope Arthur is okay from getting wet and didn't catch a cold. Does anyone nearby have a fish pond? Wish he could tell you what happened! -Katie the Mom.

Furries said...

Oh poor Arthur. I'm glad he wasn't hurt, probably just a little shocked at having gotten himself soaked.

Rhonda - The Kitty Cat Enthusiast said...

I'm glad Arthur is okay! As another person suggested, he does look quite thin. I do hope he doesn't have any medical issues as well. He seems like such a sweet boy