19.1.08

A BUSY MORNING


WCB is here at What did you Eat and The Carnival of cats is at Missy, KC, Sol and Smokey

This morning at 3.30 am, Lisa jumped on my night table, pushed down the lamp and pulled me out of a deep sleep. As I know that it is useless to protest, I got up, fed her and went back to bed again. At 5 am I woke up because I thought a crow cawed in my room ! It was Lisa sitting in the middle of the room and made this strange meowing. That was new ! Now I couldn't sleep anymore got up and went to the kitchen where all the others were waiting. Lisa of course ate again.





and continued her cawing even with a full stomac and very loud ! Thinking that she would wake up Mr. Gattino I catched her and petted her, talked to her and put her in my room on my bed. But that she didn't want either, she jumped down, disappeared and cawed from the entrance. Now I got worried picked her up again put her on the table and checked her. I couldn't see or feel anything strange. Now she didn't caw anymore but purred her strange curr-purr as if she was payed for it.



Then she thought it over for a while and finally



settled in my chair where she is still asleep. I really wonder what she has ? She has never been like that. Had anybody similar experiences ? (as reminder Lisa is 17 years old)



During that time old crooner Arthur who had come back from a stroll through the neighborhood, wet like a sponge had also choosen a quite place where he could spend the day. That he could eventually disturb Mr. Gattino apparently didn't come into his mind.



He dryed himself and then looked at me before he fell asleep. (at his tail beginning you can see the little wound of his ulcer)



Pookie decided to drink from the tap, so I had to stay there too







The only one who didn't want any attention was Rosie, very busy with her mouse. I bought her two new once because I had to throw two mice away she had taken the "bowels" out and I was afraid she could eat it. This morning again I found 4 mice around the food bowls where she ranges them during the night !



My cats have got this nice award from Karen Jo they purr a big "thank you" and I join in !

12 comments:

Kitikata-san said...

I see that all of you are very active in the wee hours of the morning! Do you think if I walk on my humans early in the morning and meow, I will get food earlier?

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah I saw Arthur's tail~!! Poor big brother~!!!! I am glad he is doing fine now~!!!!

3:30am! 5am!!!
We are really servant!!!!

And Pookie...

Well, Gattina, I have to say you are really busy, hhahaha~~ Even at weekend need to take so much care~~~
Good luck have Rosie, because you won't busy for her, she has her own matters~~~

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. Lisa looks exactly like one of my dearly departed cats, named Katie. Thanks for taking part in WCB--I'll be adding you to the recap at the end of my post today.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What gorgeous kitties! Hehe, I know what it is to be woken up by hungry cats ;-P...

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Dear Miss Lisa, we had a lovely lady cat who, when she was a little older than you, developed a bad tooth which caused her to walk around and cry on and off. It took a long time to figure out what was wrong but she felt a whole lot better after having her tooth pulled.

I hope you feel lots better soon.

Karen Jo said...

I am afraid that I don't know enough about what ails cats to be able to help you with Lisa. I hope it is nothing serious. You had a very early morning. Rosie is really funny with her mice.

Christine and FAZ said...

My human has a cat feeder with a timer set at 4am, it opens up so I can eat and don't have to wake her up anymore. She didn't like that. FAZ

Kaz's Cats said...

Well, Lisa is sure that she wanted you awake for some reason, and putting out food sounds like a good reason to us!! Hope Arthur get enough rest to keep his strength up!...LOL...As for Pookie, well she thought that since you had nothing better to do, you might as well help her out. Rosie's cute with her mouse wrangling, like a cowboy in the old Wild West wrangling cattle.

Purrs

Gypsy & Tasha

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

We wonder why Lisa has suddenly started making a new sound. We hope that she's okay.

Poor Arthur, with his tail ulcer. We hope he is doing better. Sending lots of healing purrs to him.

Andree said...

My Mouse may have something similar, but I'm not sure. With Mouse, she was definitely roaring in pain. Amy thought perhaps it was a seizure but we soon found that she was painfully constipated. She is now on special additives to her diet that she loves and keep her safe. I hope you learn that it is something simple like this. And I hope you get some sleep.

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable pictures! And that's interesting about Lisa's caw sound. Sounds like you have some very early morning kitties! *smile*

I'm sending healing purrs to Arthur for his tail!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Our mum found with most of her kitties that when they got old, they would be far more vocal. Her V E T said that cats like humans can have hearing problems as they age, and will suddenly start meowing loudly thinking they can't be heard.Maybe that is what Lisa is doing. I don't know if that is right or not because I just yowl loud all the time.
Flynn