27.10.19

CAT SELFIES - ETC



Sorry I have a dirty nose



My face looks so skinny, but I haven't lost weight











Each morning when I wake up I have this view !






I can't tell any funny story for the moment, as Rosie has fallen into a temporary (I hope so) winter sleep and only gets up for eating and her business !



Arthur is declining each day a bit more. He still manages to jump on the sofa and a bed, but not on the table anymore.

One eye has gotten worse and instead of only watering there is probably an infection. I have to go to the vet. His appetite is still very good he eats quite a lot, but becomes more and more bony and now he is also completely deaf.

What is very annoying is that he doesn't use his litter box anymore maybe because it is in the basement and he has to go down steps. I will put him one in the kitchen and see.



And here is how they spend the whole day !


12 comments:

The J-Cats said...

How lucky you are to have such a nice view from the window!

meowmeowmans said...

We're very sorry that Arthur continues to decline. It's so difficult to watch them slow down. Sending much love and purrs and prayers for you all.

Catscue Catmom said...

Precious selfies today and a lovely view, lucky you! Purrs and prayers and POTP for sweet Arthur! I think the litterbox in the kitchen is a good idea, let us know how it works out.

pilch92 said...

Poor Arthur. Has his thyroid been checked? Blood sugar?
I know he is an old boy, but some of those things can be helped. He is in my prayers. XO

Tamago said...

I’m sorry Arthur is not well. I think easy access to litter box would help for sure. Sending hugs xo

William Kendall said...

Just keep Arthur comfortable.

Andrea said...

Hang in there Arthur. 18 year old Glitter is declining too but she keeps plugging along.

Dash Kitten Crew said...

Our Harvey is a senior boy with kidney issues. He is very thin but loves his food too. Arthur is a wonderful boy with humour and the ability not to take himself too seriously wiyh a dirty nose :-) Sorry we are late commenting on the Sunday selfies we were out volunteering at next year's WorldCon.

Have a great Sunday and give Arthur a special gentle hug.

Linens and Royals said...

So sad to see the decline of the handsome Arthur. Yes you will need to place more litter boxes around the house and maybe put some puppy training pads in front of the box as it might be painful for Arthur to climb into the box but he might consider the puppy pads near enough.

Summer said...

I hope putting the litter box in the kitchen helps Arthur. It's hard for elderly kitties to get around a lot.

Furries said...

I hope you're able to get Arthur's eye feeling better and hopefully an upstairs litter box solves that problem. He is such a handsome mancat.

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Maybe a lower lipped litter tray will also help dearest Arthur. Winter is such a hard time for those of us who like to go out and about. Lots of sleeping on under and in things.
Mrs H and I both send prayers and Purrs for Arthur, and best wishes to you all.
Purrs
ERin